Monday, December 25, 2006

..big plans in the coming year..







In 2007, Rasta and I plan to marry..



some interesing sites supporting and informing same sex marriage..





a thought..
"Marriage is the clasping of hands, the blending of hearts, the union of two lives as one. Your marriage must stand, not by the authority of the state nor by the words of the minister, but by the strength of your love and the power of faith in each other.."

another thought..
we should have lots of music.. TheBard.. the Aborignal woman who sings and plays at the West End markets.. ..a Harp.. a violin.. some blue grass music..

a further thought..
we should have lots of children in the wedding party.. children are a link to the future.. to a time when our marriages will be recognised and celebrated without prejudice..

http://www.sumangala.com/index.php?p=home Brisbane marriage celebrant
words to songs that represent a theme..

Wind Beneath My Wings

It must have been cold there in my shadow To never have sunlight on your face.
You've been content to let me shine. You always walked a step behind.
I was the one with all the glory While you were the one with all the strength.
Only a face without a name And I never once heard you complain.
Did you ever know that you're my hero And everything I'd like to be?
I could fly higher than an eagle 'Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
It might have appeared to go unnoticed, But I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth. I would be nothing without you.
Did you ever know that you're my hero And everything I'd like to be?
I could fly higher than an eagle Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
You are the wind beneath my wings.

Sunshine on my Shoulders

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you the day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine for all the while
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high



Take Me Home Country Road
Almost heaven, West Virginia,
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees,
younger than the mountainsgrowin' like a breeze.
Country roads, take me home,to the place I belong.
West Virginia, Mountain momma,
Take me home country roads
All my mem'ries, gather round her,
miner's lady, stranger to blue water.
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky,
misty taste of moonshineteardrop in my eye.
Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong.
West Virginia,Mountain momma,
Take me home Country roads
I hear her voice in the morning hour she calls me,
the radio reminds me of my home far away
and driving down the road I get a feeling
that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.
Country roads take me home, to the place I belong.
West Virginia,Mountain momma,
Take me home, Country roads
Country roads take me home, to the place I belong.
West Virginia,Mountain momma,
Take me home, Country roads
Take me home, Country roads
Take me home, Country roads


I HOPE YOU DANCE

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
you get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
may you never take one single breath for granted
god forbid love ever leave you empty handed.
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance.I hope you dance.
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
never settle for the path of least resistance
living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
loving might be a mistake but its worth making.
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
when you come close to selling out reconsider
give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance.I hope you dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mace and Rasta!!!

Best wishes to you both.

Lots of love from us both,
Kat & Tiff