Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy B'day LPA


i run an online parenting group.. i started it when i was searching for a donor for my grrl Rasta.. our path to parenting has turned out differently than i expected when i started the support group.. but the group is just magic.. we have 170 members and over 1,000 messages a months.. just a great bunch of new and wonnabee mamas.... so today is the first anniversary of the group.. i started it and posted my first message to the group 12 months ago today.. ..below is Rasta's message she posted to the group today.. in celebration of the group's success.. gotta love her words.. i wanted to share it with you.. love can really lift you up sometimes.. Mace
"Tis Rasta here logging on under my own account rather than wearing the moderator's guise of Mace. I just wanted to share something special with each of you. As youmay know by now, our wonderful LPA turns 1 year old today. She a happy and healthy toddler with many friends - she's very active and rarely sleeps (except when her favourite toy - the Yahoo gets broke or her parents (Mace and Rasta) need some time out). She listens attentively when you speak to her and she has an amazing ability toconnect with people and to connect people with each other. But most importantly, she was born of love - she represents the tireless efforts of my wonderful partner Mace to keep alive my own dream of having a child. Having exhausted almost every possibility -the clinics, the donors, the adoption processes both domestic andoverseas, the fostering options (oh and that short stint of thepossibility of just taking a little tacker from the local park!) I had all but given up on the prospect of having a family with Mace. She conceived of LPA as a way of keeping the options open, sharing information and providing support (for ourselves and for everyone whojoins in). She gave LPA to me as a gift - of her love and her commitment to my dream...our dream. For that I am truly blessed andI draw from that gift the strength to hope and the solace of knowing that if it doesn't happen for us we continue to be part of a wider family we didn't know existed 12 months ago - a family of lesbian parents and their babies both young and old. So on the first birthday of LPA, that is what she means to me. I wish each of you the chance of fulfilling your dreams, the comfort of knowing that no matter what we'll be here for you and the hope that you will each know the type of love and safety that Mace gives to me.
Hugs Rasta
Brisbane
Got all I could need but gonna get a babe soon too! PS: Okay, where's the birthday cake?http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lesbian_Parents_Australia/

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

You write very well.