Dig 🌾🌿

production v consumer - to produce goods to sell or barter is less common these days, we mainly exchange money for goods but being involved in the production of food and goods I can sell or barter feels good, feels self sustaining, creative and part of a chain of nurturing. I'm good at growing bananas - this season I'll likely produce more than I can consume. also had a bumper passionfruit crop last year. I haven't been so successful with other crops I've tried to produce but I'm realising that you only need a few successful crops to have enough to swap and barter for whatever you need for your own consumption ✅ To this end I've just joined a local produce exchange in anticipation of a good crop of bananas and passionfruit this year 🍌 Other crops I like growing are pumpkins ans tomatoes - I'd like to grow enough tomatoes to make relish πŸ… Pumpkins are fascinating to watch grow and store well for months so they are a great crop to focus on. 23° is forecast today, here on the Central Coast of NSW - I'm planting pumpkin and tomato seeds into seed raising mix even though it's just 15 July.

Popular Posts